Everything you need to know about the specs, sizes and standards to get your adverts up and running with iotec. This document covers standard ad formats. Please enquire with your account manager for detail relating to formats that are not listed.
Please note – it can take up to 48 hours for your creatives to be approved for use by publishers and ad exchanges.
Mandatory and Recommended Ad Creative Sizes
The following ad sizes represent the vast majority of programmatic media inventory available. As a minimum, we recommend using the six most popular ad sizes. If you would like to use any ad sizes that are not displayed here, please enquire with your account manager.
- Leaderboard: 728×90
- Inline rectangle: 300×250
- Wide skyscraper: 160×600
- Square: 250×250
- Banner: 468×60
- Large rectangle: 336×280
- Skyscraper: 120×600
- Half-page: 300×600
- Small square: 200×200
Other Available Sizes
- Large leaderboard: 970×90
- Large mobile banner: 320×100
- Billboard: 970×250
General Technical Requirements
|Images: GIF, JPG/JPEG, PNG
||150KB initial load
|HTML5 Image Type: GIF, JPG/JPEG, SVG, PNG
Other file types: CSS, JS
- Adverts with partially white, black or transparent backgrounds must feature a visible border in a colour which differs from the majority of the background, to clearly identify where the page ends and the advertisement begins.
- All creatives must open in a new bowser window.
- Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds.
- All creatives must be free of applications including, but not limited to ActiveX, viruses, exit pops, spyware, and malware.
- Animation should stop upon exit click.
- No Flash content or Flash fallback.
- Must include <?DOCTYPE html> declaration, <html>, <head> and <body> tags.
- For video content, provide video assets in an MP4 format as well as either WebM or Ogg formats for compatibility with most major browsers.
- the ad, creative and tracking must all be SSL compliant (https://), excluding the destination landing page which can be SSL or non-SSL.
Advertising Privacy Icon
|Ad Marker Container
||77 x 15
||Rounded lower left corner radius: 8px
||Top right corner of creative
Third Party Ad Servers
Advertising Content Guidelines
- The sponsor of the advertising message must be clearly identified in the advert.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure that all product claims, warranties, guarantees or other assurances comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- The advertiser’s landing page must match the offer being made in the advertisement. Specifically, the advert must not use “bait and switch” tactics, e.g. advertising that promotes a product or price, which is then unavailable on the advertiser’s site, as a means to lure a user into purchasing a different product.
- The advertisement, and the landing page which the advert links to, must contain all appropriate disclosures; in particular, the full terms and conditions of the offer must be easily accessible on the landing page.
- The advert must not resemble error messages or Windows/Mac/Unix dialogue boxes.
- The advert must not prompt a download directly from the advertisement.
- The advert must not mimic or represent news headlines in design, tone or topic.
iotec will not accept ads for the following products or categories:
- Adult products (films, magazines, websites, toys, etc.)
- Casino services (including online casinos, gambling portals, gambling educational sites)
- Tobacco products (including e-cigarettes)
- Weapons (including guns, knives, ammunition, etc.)
- Religious messages
- Ringtones and downloadables
- Get-Rich-Quick messages
- Creatives promoting weight loss
- Cosmetic procedures and body modification
- Drugs and supplements
- Consumer loans
- Free gifts, quizzes, and surveys
- Misleading claims
- Black magic, astrology, and esoteric
These guidelines may change and further discretionary restrictions may apply. iotec is subject to the guidelines of the inventory suppliers – Exchanges and Supply Side Platforms (SSPs) – with whom we work, and cannot be held responsible for changes in the guidelines of these parties which may impact the eligibility of an advertiser’s creatives.